Mother Teresa Calendar
All of the programs listed below will be available at Mother Teresa Early Childhood Education Center. After completion of Grade 2, our students will attend the LCSD elementary school of their choice or within the transportation boundaries.
School Information In Brief
- Lloydminster Catholic School Division's Pre-Kindergarten Program provides three and four year old children the opportunity to enhance their skills by attending a structured in-school program for 2 hours / 4 days a week. The program focuses on structured play activity helping the children to learn through exploration.
- Throughout the daily sessions, the children will engage in activities that will increase their faith, social, physical, and academic development.
- Pre-Kindergarten spots are limited. Please notice the entry criteria to be considered for the program prior to registration.
- Click here to fill out the Pre-Kindergarten Program Registration Form online
Full Time Kindergarten (for eligible children)
- Full Day: 5 days a week
- Program available city-wide to all LCSD families with children turning 5 before February 28, 2019.
- This program is designed to allow students to meet and exceed our learning outcomes for Kindergarten. Students will have more time to develop literacy, numeracy and social-emotional skills.
- The program will allow children to discover and learn through both play, inquiry and hands on learning and structured activities.
Kindergarten - Grade 2 Programming (for all eligible children)
- We foster a love for the creative arts through a certified Alberta Ballet program that teaches Music and Movement. Children take part daily in musical and dance experiences that are integrated into their inquiry learning projects.
- Speech and Language, Occupational Therapy and Counselling support services are available.
- A full Religious Education program with a social justice component that provides authentic ways for our students to give back and impact our community.
- English as an Additional Language (EAL) programming.
- Students and teachers make use of our makerspace to support teaching in science, technology, and math. This space is used for making, learning and exploring. Our students enjoy the challenge of making something out of nothing!
- School Community Council supports school programs and goals.
- SMART Table, iPad Labs, Chromebooks and SMARTboards available to all students. Technology is integrated in authentic ways and used in the creation of projects that support student learning.
- Liaison Services supporting parents and families.
- Bussing to Mother Teresa Early Childhood Education Center will be provided city-wide on regular current bus routes.
- For special requests call (780) 808-8585.
After School Program
- After School Program is available
- Hours of operation: 2:55 pm - 5:30 pm Monday through Friday and 1:55 pm to 5:30 pm on early dismissals.
- See more on After School Program